Raising the Bar Law Talk Radio Show
Raising the Bar Legal Talk Radio Show brings an exciting and varied array of legal topics to listeners throughout central Virginia and especially in the Greater Richmond area. At least once per week, the one-hour show features true life stories and cases, legal tips, and information from experts and specialists including not just lawyers – but doctors, social workers, mental health professionals, life care planners, economists and many more! The law touches nearly every aspect of daily life and this show brings both humorous and entertaining stories along with helpful tips – including tips on access to legal services – something that not everyone can afford.
Raising the Bar Law Talk Episodes
- What It Is like to Be a Personal Injury Plaintiff
- Getting Essential Medical Care in Recovering from an Injury
- Common Misconceptions in Employment Law
- Being a Surrogate or Gestational Carrier
- Protecting the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Access to Justice and Legal Services
- Understanding Head and Brain injuries and their intersection with the Law
- Understanding Divorce, Support & Custody in Virginia
- What Do Paralegals Do?
- Exploring Women Injury Issues and the Law
- Tackling Domestic Violence Issues, Resources and the Law
- Understanding On the Job Injuries and Workers Compensation Law
- Hiring a Lawyer – What is Free or Not Free? What Should I Expect
- Understanding the Myths of Adopting a Child
- Single Dads by Choice & Adopting out of Foster Care
- Medical Mishaps – My Doctor Screwed Up and I Don’t Have a Case? Really?!
- Modern Day Feuds – Cyber-bullying, Revenge Porn and More!
- Gestational Surrogacy – When Your Baby Bun Needs a Different Oven
- What is My Claim? is it personal injury? workers’ compensation? an employment case?
- Sexual Assaults & The Law – with the “Me Too” Movement
- Being a foster parent – what is it about?
- Why do you need adequate auto and homeowner’s coverage?
- Why Marriage Equality Still Does not Mean Equality
- Surviving a Contested Adoption
- Common Employer Screw Ups
- Building a Family Three Ways
- Understanding Virginia’s Crazy and Confusing Court System
- Why is Estate Planning Important?
- Comparing Social Security Disability Benefits with Workers Compensation Benefits
The show features a wide array of various areas of the law including but not limited to:
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Adoption & Surrogacy
- Estate Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Criminal Law
- LGBT Issues
- Corporate Law
- Lemon Law
- Consumer Law
- Commercial Disputes
- Workers’ Compensation
- And Much More!
Ready to feature your legal expertise on the radio? Come Join Us!
Your Weekly Spot Will Include:
- An hour long show of your design on Wednesday morning, 9 to 10a.m.
- Up to 20 promotional spots of 30 seconds each on the radio station the week before announcing your show.
- A recorded podcast to add to your website or give to clients. Examples here and here.
- A video recording to add to your website or YouTube or Facebook page.
- A free instructional viewing and preview at the station.
- A low price of $400 per show (ask about our multiple show discount packages)
Contact our program coordinator, Colleen Quinn (804 545-9406), at Locke & Quinn to secure spots for your own radio appearances!
AM and FM Station Coverage
97.7 FM Coverage
AM 820 Daytime Coverage
AM 820 Nighttime Coverage